A hygiene program is about so much more than just cleaning teeth. Cleaning each tooth daily is what you’re to do at home. Our hygiene appointments include individual coaching so you can optimize your home care.
Our focus is prevention: preventing bleeding gums, preventing bone loss, preventing mobile teeth. After all, those with healthy gums live longer.
Bleeding gums – and the problems they create – are a clinical sign of inflammation and a marker for heart disease, which is still the leading cause of death among Americans. Periodontal disease – disease of the gums and surrounding bony tissue – has also been directly linked to strokes, diabetes, premature/low birth weight babies and more.
Because periodontal health is crucial to your overall health, early diagnosis of problems and your full understanding of your situation is likewise crucial.
Painless Dental Treatment Plan
All of our patients receive a painless dental treatment plan that addresses their specific needs and quality of health. Here are just a few of the resources we may turn to:
- Discover the kind of bacteria living in your mouth
- Targeted treatment to specific oral flora to support oral and systemic health
- Herbal complexes and supplements to build healthy bone support and gum tissue
- Ozonated water irrigation to kill unwanted stowaways under the gums
- Fotona Twinlight Laser treatment to remove bacteria and diseased tissue, saving teeth we once would have believed not savable
Hygiene appointments are also a way to foster the relationships we build with our patients. The doctor would like to see each patient at least once per year in hygiene. This allows us to keep an eye on things and catch small problems before they become big problems.